Hop Water Recipe Support

kblankenship11

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey folks!!

I entered my first recipe for hop water today and found a few items of note.

1. There is no style selection option for non-alcoholic or hop/seltzer based "beers". I understand the styles are based off BJCP style guidelines, but perhaps add this as an option as flexibility for users?
2. You cannot save a recipe without adding a fermentable. This is a valuable safeguard for alcoholic beers, but perhaps if feature #1 is added it removes the requirement to add a fermentable? Right now, I just add 1g of corn sugar as a workaround.
3. Dip-hopping is not an option in hop addition type. This is common with NA hop waters from what I've seen, may be a worthy addition.

Cheers!

Hey folks!!

I entered my first recipe for hop water today and found a few items of note.

1. There is no style selection option for non-alcoholic or hop/seltzer based "beers". I understand the styles are based off BJCP style guidelines, but perhaps add this as an option as flexibility for users?
2. You cannot save a recipe without adding a fermentable. This is a valuable safeguard for alcoholic beers, but perhaps if feature #1 is added it removes the requirement to add a fermentable? Right now, I just add 1g of corn sugar as a workaround.
3. Dip-hopping is not an option in hop addition type. This is common with NA hop waters from what I've seen, may be a worthy addition.

Cheers!
Thanks for posting!

It's on the to-do list to support a wider range of recipes, but in the meantime the best way we've found to get there and not run into these obstacles is
2) Pick a fermentable and add it at an amount of 0.0001 grams
3) Not sure I see the difference here between whirlpool hop and "dip-hopping", maybe I'm just not up to date on all these new fangled techniques, but it just seems like another name for adding hops at sub boil and before fermentation which is the same as a whirlpool?

Thanks for posting!

It's on the to-do list to support a wider range of recipes, but in the meantime the best way we've found to get there and not run into these obstacles is
2) Pick a fermentable and add it at an amount of 0.0001 grams
3) Not sure I see the difference here between whirlpool hop and "dip-hopping", maybe I'm just not up to date on all these new fangled techniques, but it just seems like another name for adding hops at sub boil and before fermentation which is the same as a whirlpool?
Great, thanks!!

I agree on #3, essentially a whirlpool. I'm not sure if there is a measurable difference in IBU when using that methodology with a sub-volume of your "wort" or not . Barring hiring a chemist I agree, whirlpool is probably fine.

Back