Hello

chrisd123

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi folks...a returnee to th world of brewing..so thought i would jump om and say hello...based in the highlands of Scotland, currently have a Klarstein Brauheld pro 45l and just taken ownership of a Brewzilla gen 4 35l....currently yring to get to grips with water quality...mine is a relative blank canvas...very little in it tbh so any advice re water treatments would be much appreciated...i have gypsum, epsom salts and also DWB...anyway hello from me!

Welcome to the forum. I love Scottish beer although it’s been 10 years since I was there. Belhaven is about all I can find here. it is one of my favorites though

Welcome to the forum. I love Scottish beer although it’s been 10 years since I was there. Belhaven is about all I can find here. it is one of my favorites though
I can't even find that anymore.
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome!

Water treatment is a large topic, but not terribly complicated. Play around with the water calculator on this site to get a feel for how to adjust your water to a particular set of values. It is a bit of trial & error, but after a few tries you'll get the idea.

Trust me, far easier to add minerals than remove them.

Welcome, I make a batch of Scottish Export every year and have found the advice re: water on BF very useful down here in Yorkshire.

Back