Hello from Plymouth Mich

Welcome to the group! Be good to add your knowledge here.

Lots of good people here, don't be afraid to ask

These guys and girls have helped me with a couple of ideas too. Welcome. That reminds me, I need to keg tomorrow.

Welcome from another Michigander! Used to work in Novi - but now retired and living in Pentwater (a lot less traffic)! I replied to your "on line retailers" question!

Welcome! 25 years is a lot of experience, so thanks for joining our little group. Do you have a favorite style?

25 years sounds more impressive than it is. I did take a break in there and after a initial short burst of brewing I have only brewed once or twice a year on average. I am sure people with less years than me have brewed a lot more batches. As far as favorite style I have always been more partial to the darker beers with stouts being one of my favorites. Lately I have been brewing lighter stuff that appeals more to a broader group of friends and family. I have really enjoyed brewing a wet harvest pale ale with my own homegrown hops. However, my harvest is not looking good this year so that won't happen.

What equipment do you use?
Just curious :)

I use a igloo cooler for my mash tun and have a variety of old school carboys plastic buckets for fermentation vessels. Surprised that the basement real estate that this stuff takes up hasn't become a marital issue. Although in all fairness, my wife doesn't tend to complain about stuff like that and she is the one who bought me my first brew kit so she has an active hand in creating the monster.

Back