dry hoping

Brews Bros

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
hello guys ,
let get your advice and recommendation's on the dry hoping method i ve choosed....
after few miss in dry hoping ... i decide to find a way to secure this method
so after watching everything i found a bit everywhere
i decide to go on dry hoping using food grade magnet , tea bag, and fix hop on my lid ( i use plastic fermenter 50 liters and some 30 liters) just when closing for fermentation after pouring the yeast.

i still didn't try , waiting to receive magnets and bag.

please , if you do it or tried it .... if you have better idea or have an opinion..... i listening carefully ....

again i m in a hot weather 32 degrees , humidity between 85 to 130%...... i mean really easy for all kind of infections, bacteria ...(if you cut yourself even really little , get infected really fast)... so minimize the contact and opening is my main target.... and i ferment at ambient temperature 32 degrees...(voss kveik)

thanks all for your support , i started all this brewing activity with you 2 months ago and because of this application and the community, my learning curve is incredible.

That method works really well. Timing is the important part with dry hopping. If you are just wanting the aroma and bright flavor, then dry hop for 2-3 days before packaging.

Oxygen is also important. Exposure to oxygen will kill the effects of dry hopping in a week

That method works really well. Timing is the important part with dry hopping. If you are just wanting the aroma and bright flavor, then dry hop for 2-3 days before packaging.

Oxygen is also important. Exposure to oxygen will kill the effects of dry hopping in a week
Good to read this, cool .
Is that a problem to incorporé dry hop if there is still fermentation activity?
It seem to be ok...
Fermentation time is 3 days, I plan to release hop , end of day 2, slow fermentation. Keg day 5. ???
Thanks again, really motivate to integrate this dry hop ...
If not I can wait until day 6, but already 3 more days. like the oldest say, when it s ready, then it s ready

Good to read this, cool .
Is that a problem to incorporé dry hop if there is still fermentation activity?
It seem to be ok...
Fermentation time is 3 days, I plan to release hop , end of day 2, slow fermentation. Keg day 5. ???
Thanks again, really motivate to integrate this dry hop ...
If not I can wait until day 6, but already 3 more days. like the oldest say, when it s ready, then it s ready
What kinda of yeast are you using? I can't imagine ever being done fermenting in 5 days. Even if active fermentation is done, yeast needs time to clean up the mess.

As for the dry hop part, you can dry hop on day one. You will get different flavors doing it during fermentation than after.

Also consider how large a hop charge you are going to dry hop. Hop creep is not always your friend and you may have to plan for it

Back