Citra Forward West Coast IPA Recipe?

Yontsey

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I've made several NEIPAs but I always love a good WCIPA. I'm spoiled by having Fat Heads right by my house and having fresh Head Hunter on the regular. Not looking for a clone of that but would love to try a WCIPA that is more Citra forward. I have some Citra, galaxy, mosaic, and nectaron hops in the freezer and was going to order some more from Yakima Valley soon. I'm open to trying new recipes so I'm not pigeon holing myself to one hop or another, just favor Citra.

Side question, I've noticed some of the 2024 crops of galaxy and nectaron released recently. When do ones like Citra and galaxy tend to be released?

That looks right up my alley. Thanks.

Dumb question, how do I adjust ingredients for batch size? Looking to do the typical 5-5.5 gallon batches instead of the 8.5gal it’s setup for.

Use the scale button.
1. Edit
2. Drop down
3. Select Scale
4. Change volume
IMG_1431.png

Use the scale button.
1. Edit
2. Drop down
3. Select Scale
4. Change volume
View attachment 30451
Awesome little trick. Thanks! I guess I could've just done "Scale" through my Grainfather app too.....

I put in the scaled 6.08gal recipe, which is just the base amount for the GF30 and my FG estimate was way lower. Bumped up the Maris Otter a couple LBs and it put it back in line with the original recipe. Gonna have to give this one a try soon.

I've made several NEIPAs but I always love a good WCIPA. I'm spoiled by having Fat Heads right by my house and having fresh Head Hunter on the regular. Not looking for a clone of that but would love to try a WCIPA that is more Citra forward. I have some Citra, galaxy, mosaic, and nectaron hops in the freezer and was going to order some more from Yakima Valley soon. I'm open to trying new recipes so I'm not pigeon holing myself to one hop or another, just favor Citra.

Side question, I've noticed some of the 2024 crops of galaxy and nectaron released recently. When do ones like Citra and galaxy tend to be released?

The 2023 Galaxy hops from Yakima Valley were awesome. Maybe best since 2017. I use all these hops you mentioned, too. With that, I don't have a recipe but enjoyed the forum post and the responses.

The 2023 Galaxy hops from Yakima Valley were awesome. Maybe best since 2017. I use all these hops you mentioned, too. With that, I don't have a recipe but enjoyed the forum post and the responses.
I really liked the 2023 Galaxy hops, as well. Went through almost a LB of them this year. This is the first year I've started brewing though so I dont have any other batch to compare. The Nectaron I thought were pretty awesome as well.

Back