Anvil Foundry 10.5 profile and brew session discrepancy

beernutzbob

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I have been doing BIAB using Brewer's Friend for several years but recently bought an Anvil Foundry 10.5. I'm trying to set up its equipment profile to reflect that I do full mash (no sparge) batches as the default brew session. I set my General Brewing Method Value to All Grain. I set up a new equipment profile for the Anvil using the default values except that I changed the Default Mash Thickness value from 1.75 to 3.33 qts/lb to reflect that all brewing water will go into the mash.

However when I create a brew session specifying the use of this Anvil profile the Brew Log shows under Mash that I should add a volume of water that reflects a 1.75 qt/lb thickness and later shows that I'm to add sparge water. The recipe I'm using for this brew session specifies the Anvil Foundry profile as Equipment. What am I doing wrong?

I have been doing BIAB using Brewer's Friend for several years but recently bought an Anvil Foundry 10.5. I'm trying to set up its equipment profile to reflect that I do full mash (no sparge) batches as the default brew session. I set my General Brewing Method Value to All Grain. I set up a new equipment profile for the Anvil using the default values except that I changed the Default Mash Thickness value from 1.75 to 3.33 qts/lb to reflect that all brewing water will go into the mash.

However when I create a brew session specifying the use of this Anvil profile the Brew Log shows under Mash that I should add a volume of water that reflects a 1.75 qt/lb thickness and later shows that I'm to add sparge water. The recipe I'm using for this brew session specifies the Anvil Foundry profile as Equipment. What am I doing wrong?

It's based on the recipe, so make sure the recipe does have it set up to use your full volume settings.

It's based on the recipe, so make sure the recipe does have it set up to use your full volume settings.
Thanks. How do I do that? Is that in the mash guidelines for the recipe?

Last edited:
Thanks. How do I do that? Is that in the mash guidelines for the recipe?
It’s in the equipment you choose for the recipe at the top of the Recipe Builder. You’d choose which system you’re using and go from there. And the mash guidelines will follow that.

Back