All Cluster IPA

Tim Bulin

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1481205/clusterfork-ipa

Been kicking around the idea for an all Cluster IPA, simple grain bill, around 50 ibu's. The cane sugar helps with the lag time M44(BRY-97) can have, using it in a Blonde right now and it's going to be a 3 week fermentation(I wait a week after airlock activity stops before bottling and priming).

Going for a balanced and drinkable IPA, a little more pop than a session beer and not quite the straight up "hop tea" that seems to be popular right now.

unless you really just want all cluster. add a bit of mosiac and you will have a kinda dank heavy IPA.

unless you really just want all cluster. add a bit of mosiac and you will have a kinda dank heavy IPA.
Actually, I am thinking all Cluster, I've always used it pretty heavily and I've been experimenting with all Cluster beers. The Ordinary Bitter and the Irish beers(red and dry stout) were very good.

Anyway I have a ton of Cluster because evidently the soil on dad's farm is pretty much ideal for them. Actually all of the hops I've had tested have been high in AAs and produced very good beer. At this point, the hops I grow are pretty much the only hops I use.

Back