Adding new Tilt to Pi when another Tilt is using it...

Yontsey

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible, or what's the best way to go about adding another Tilt to a Raspberry Pi when another Tilt is currently in a fermentation? I did a brew session yesterday and have my Tilt going, but I want to brew again next weekend and add a second Tilt. Can I pop out the storage card and add my second Tilt like I normally would and the first one go back to work like before or is that going to mess it up?

Last edited:
Is it possible, or what's the best way to go about adding another Tilt to a Raspberry Pi when another Tilt is currently in a fermentation? I did a brew session yesterday and have my Tilt going, but I want to brew again next weekend and add a second Tilt. Can I pop out the storage card and add my second Tilt like I normally would and the first one go back to work like before or is that going to mess it up?
You have to get a different color. They're are 8 different color tilts and they can all operate at once

You have to get a different color. They're are 8 different color tilts and they can all operate at once
Yeah I have a Blue currently and just ordered an Orange. Every time I set up my Tilt I pop in the memory card into my computer and load the WPA WiFi File and the Tilt Config File. I guess what I'm asking unless I'm doing something oddly wrong but still working is that, can I pop out that card mid-fermentation while Tilt 1 (Blue) is going and add the Tilt Config File for Tilt 2 (Orange) and pop it back in. And then wild 1 pick right back up where it was while 2 starts on its new batch? Sorry if this is confusing.

Tilts don't use wifi. They use Bluetooth. This is why you need the Rpi board to connect to your network. Once the Rpi board is configured, you should never need to change it unless you change routers

When a tilt is powered on it automatically pops into the dashboard

Are you using the tiltpi image from the tilt website?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm using the tiltpi image from the website. I just assumed I had to set it up each time I did a new brew through the Setup file. But yeah I have all that running and then I add the Tilt Color and the name of the new beer. I'm assuming I'll have to pop out the card and add the new Tilt and beer name to it as well. Just wanted to make sure when I popped the card back into the Rpi, that it would pick back up where it left off.

Yeah I'm using the tiltpi image from the website. I just assumed I had to set it up each time I did a new brew through the Setup file. But yeah I have all that running and then I add the Tilt Color and the name of the new beer. I'm assuming I'll have to pop out the card and add the new Tilt and beer name to it as well. Just wanted to make sure when I popped the card back into the Rpi, that it would pick back up where it left off.
No, once you set it up, you never have to remove the mem card. Just power the Rpi and plop the tilt in the brew. It takes a few seconds to connect. You can config each batch in the settings menu based on each color.

Just go to the webpage for the Rpi on your network.

No, once you set it up, you never have to remove the mem card. Just power the Rpi and plop the tilt in the brew. It takes a few seconds to connect. You can config each batch in the settings menu based on each color.

Just go to the webpage for the Rpi on your network.
Well now I feel like an idiot....I didn't know that's how that worked. I thought you had to configure it each time you used it. I see the log Quick Start there. I'll have to try it with the new one when I get it and test it in a glass of water to calibrate it.

Thanks for the quick lesson! I'll report back Thursday.

Back