Good Morning

Baumgartent

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello from Hot Sulphur Springs, CO. I've been brewing now for a couple of years. I started out just doing the one gallon brew kits and moved up to the 5 gallon all grain brewing and I love the science behind it all. I have been using one of the Vevor all in one systems and I have had really good success with it so far. Very consistent brew days. I brew about once every couple of months or so. Hopefully I will be able to move up in equipment starting with stainless fermenters but man that is quite the investment, takes away from the other fun investments like motorcycles and camping. One day I'll get there.

Welcome! Good to get to know you.

As you find the need, you'll get equipment. In the meantime, stainless does not necessarily make better beer, just a tad easier for the process. Enjoy the beer process - making to drinking - and as it gets more and more fun. Eventually, if it gets to be more fun than, say, motorcycles, then the fund reallocation will be effortless.

Welcome
I still brew on a shoestring :)

I'm pretty simple just getting some toys here and there. Simple doesn't mean bad beer. Often, the opposite. Do what makes you happy with the funds you have available. You only have one life.

As I have drilled further into the science, I'd say it's more about technique and ingredients and not equipment so don't sell your skills short!

Welcome to the clubhouse...what's your next batch going to be?

Welcome, I have been fermenting beer in a plastic bucket for 40 years. I nearly forgot to include the keyword beer there - think I would be just about ready for bottling now ;)

Back