Major #$@& up!!

Vallka

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Ok bet you havn't done this one..........Oh ya, hi everyone.
So today was my first batch of the season, been really busy with a daughter grad:)

Everything is going prefect, hitting #'s nice weather and good music.
I throught the cooler into the wort and hook it up to the pump from my pool, I use pool water to cool and wort water to heat the pool :)
I can't get the water to flow throought the pump, I check and it is sucking the water but not draining back into the pool...............you starting to get what I'm saying.
The coil cooler has burst!! in 2 places over the winter:mad: now there is15L/3gal of pool water in the wort.
I took the excess out added a bunch of DME to get it back to a reasonable gravity. not going to add the fruit to it but I will brew it.
So the question is ............. are there going to be any issues with the pool water, the pool is at the perfect chemical balance with not alot of stuff in it ....we have great water is Squamish BC.
Taging GF in this cause he uses pool water as well....as some others do I assume. @GFHomebrew

Oh and one other thing, I did the same thing 2 years ago but with tap water!!!!!!!
Yours truly
Vallka (the slow learner!)

I did reboil it for 40min

In general, it is just water. So I would not expect problems, just a bigger batch :rolleyes:

You should ferment it as normal, it should be ok.

But now, learn the lesson! Use only Molson as coolant...:p

(All joking aside: @GFHomebrew would just put the boiling hot wort into a keg, then throw the keg into his pool. Once cool, he pitched yeast and fermented. )

In general, it is just water. So I would not expect problems, just a bigger batch :rolleyes:

You should ferment it as normal, it should be ok.

But now, learn the lesson! Use only Molson as coolant...:p

(All joking aside: @GFHomebrew would just put the boiling hot wort into a keg, then throw the keg into his pool. Once cool, he pitched yeast and fermented. )
I would not expect him to do any differant!
Ya no weird stuff in the pool, the second boil shoul get the clorine out.
I'm going to toss some yeast in, not going to dry hop and I'll let everyone know how it is in a couple weeks!

I would not expect him to do any differant!
Ya no weird stuff in the pool, the second boil shoul get the clorine out.
I'm going to toss some yeast in, not going to dry hop and I'll let everyone know how it is in a couple weeks!
gonna have to call it kindergardner ale (see: southpark)

Remember when the kids from down the street got into your back yard and had fun swimming that day? A couple of them may have added a few personal chemicals.

Remember when the kids from down the street got into your back yard and had fun swimming that day? A couple of them may have added a few personal chemicals.
Pool has not had anyone in it yet.....to cold!

What were you brewing? I gotta great name for it if it was a pale...."Vallka's Bleach Blonde" !

Sorry...I can't help myself sometimes...yeah that does suck but yeah...I'd try it out with the reboiling killing anything and potentially getting rid of any expected chlorine taste...do you use chemicals or is it Biofine or a sand filter in the pool?

Well, Kegged the "Vallka's Bleach Blonde" yesterday and tried it out today!
The only thing I could say is the pool water in CaddyShack probably taste better!!

Doodie.gif

Back